whky tv and talk radio hickory, nc

 

 facebooktwitteryoutube

appleplay

Friday, 15 August 2014 07:44

Home in Nebo Damaged by Fire Thursday

A home on Calvin Drive in Nebo was damaged by fire yesterday (August 14). Firefighters responded at about three o’clock Thursday afternoon. Upon arrival, Firefighters found smoke coming from the roof of a singlewide trailer owned by Brent Elliott. Mr. Elliott was not at home when the fire started. Elliott’s girlfriend was present at the time, but she was unharmed. Several animals in the home also escaped safely.

Authorities believe the fire started in the kitchen. Firefighters quickly contained the fire before it spread to the rest of the house.

The Marion, Nebo, Glenwood and Dysartsville fire departments responded. The McDowell Rescue Squad & E.M.S. were also on the scene.

Read 213 times