The Movoto Real Estate Blog recently ranked Hickory tenth among the state’s most exciting places to live.
The blog used 2010 U.S. Census data to create a list of 34 municipalities in the state with populations of 25,000 or more. The rankings were compiled based on eight criteria:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Arts & Entertainment per capita (movie theaters, festivals, galleries, theaters, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are not fast food (the higher the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 18 to 34 (the higher the better)
Hickory scored well for its number of non-fast food restaurants, arts & entertainment and a variety of active life options per capita. It also ranked well for its nightlife venues per capita; the fifth best in the state.
The top ten is as follows:
1. Chapel Hill
9. New Bern
For more information, visit www.movoto.com/blog.