Through Friday September 8, Lincolnton Police Detectives had arrested six offenders following a two-month-long undercover operation involving Undercover Detectives.
The Detectives portrayed children on various social media outlets. Detectives developed dialogue in which agreements were made for offenders to meet in Lincolnton with what they believed to be children in order to have unlawful sexual relationships. As the offenders arrived at the meeting places, they were arrested without incident.
Detectives charged all the offenders with one count of soliciting a child for an unlawful sex act by computer and appearing to meet such child, along with other charges.
Those arrested are:
· Robert Richard Quigg of Valdese, who is already a registered sex offender for molesting children. He was given a $100,000 bond.
· Loy Everette Huckle of Dallas, who was also charged with disseminating obscene material to a minor. No bond was listed.
· Devin Cole Mayberry of Statesville. No bond was listed.
· Timothy Harold Purkey of Newton. He was given a $25,000 bond.
· Michael Lee Williams of Polkton. Bond was set at $25,000.
· James Frederick Turner of Charlotte, who was also charged with two counts of second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor. No bond was listed.
All of the offenders were placed in the Lincoln County Jail. The case is still active and additional charges are possible.
The lead Detective is Det. Brent Heavner with Lt. John Caudle, Lt. Jason Munday, Sgt. Dennis Harris, Det. Brandon Hunsucker and Det. Tony Potts assisting. Anyone with information about the offenders or any other possible victims should contact Det. Heavner at 704-736-8900.