The Lenoir-Rhyne Men’s Tennis Team (12-6, 3-4) pulled out an exciting 5-4 victory over Catawba (5-9, 2-6) Wednesday afternoon at the Johnson Tennis Center in a South Atlantic Conference contest.
Lenoir-Rhyne took control by winning all three doubles matches. Sophomores Tales Miranda (Sao Paulo, BRAZIL) and Paul Lenz (Ratingen, GERMANY) both earned victories in singles and doubles competition for the Bears.
Lenoir-Rhyne returns home to take on Coker in a South Atlantic Conference match on Saturday beginning at Noon at the YMCA of Catawba Valley. Catawba faces league-foe Mars Hill on Saturday afternoon at 1:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Men's Tennis Final
Lenoir-Rhyne 5, Catawba 4
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Salisbury, N.C. (Johnson Tennis Center)
1. Luca Picci (CAT) def. Hamed Gandouz (LR), 6-4, 7-6
2. Tales Miranda (LR) def. Lucas Miller (CAT), 4-6, 7-5, 7-6
3. Ryan Reid (CAT) def. Shane O'Dea (LR), 6-3, 5-7, 6-3
4. Cason Hiers (CAT) def. Tomas Hons (LR), 7-6, 6-1
5. Samuel Schwarz (CAT) def. Alex Ayguavives (LR), 7-5, 3-6, 6-3
6. Paul Lenz (LR) def. Adam Rocko (CAT), 7-6, 6-4
1. Shane O'Dea/Hamed Gandouz (LR) def. Luca Picci/Lucas Miller (CAT), 8-3
2. Tomas Hons/Paul Lenz (LR) def. Cason Hiers/Ryan Reid (CAT), 8-6
3. Alex Crespo Sanchez/Tales Miranda (LR) def. Adam Rocko/Samuel Schwarz (CAT), 8-5
Records: Lenoir-Rhyne (12-6, 3-4 SAC), Catawba (5-9, 2-6 SAC)